What is Forensic Engineering?
Forensic Engineering involves the investigation, testing, and analysis to determine the cause of a building problem. Our engineers use their specialized knowledge of deterioration mechanisms, behavior of construction materials, construction methods, and repair procedures to determine the most suitable solution to the building problems.
Expert Witness Services
Buildings Consulting Group, Inc. provides expert witness engineering services to assist litigators, arbitrators, and mediators to help resolve conflicts through unbiased case-specific tailored professional investigations and testimony. Curricula Vitae and redacted litigation experience dossiers available upon request. Some of the services we provide include:
- Forensic studies of building material, structural, and water entry related failures
- Expert reports
- Assist with coordination of other professional engineer disciplines’ and scientists’ services
- Coordination and interpretation of test laboratory results
- Technical advice during case development
- Assistance during drafting of expert interrogatories
- Expert witness testimony during depositions, mediation, arbitration, court trials with or without juries